Parent Teacher Organization
Parent Teacher Organization
The mission of Gilbert Parent Teacher Organization (PTO) is to enrich the educational experience of students, support district staff, and connect families and the community. We are an all-volunteer, nonprofit organization committed to supporting all four district schools that include preschool through twelfth grade.
Who We Are
The Gilbert PTO is open to all parents and guardians of students attending Gilbert Community Schools. We hold monthly meetings September-May the first Monday of the month at 7:00 p.m. in the High School Library (a week later if it falls on a holiday). There are no membership fees or dues. Our annual budget is raised through annual fundraising programs, special events, and private donations. Gilbert PTO is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization and donations are tax-deductible. Donations can be made online through PayPal: https://www.paypal.
What We Do
We strive to meet our mission by:
- Holding monthly meetings with parents and district staff
- Offering community events for families
- Hosting appreciation events for district staff
- Recruiting and coordinating volunteers for programs and events
- Complementing school curriculum with field trips and guest speakers
- Enhancing outdoor spaces with recreational equipment
- Communicating to families with our newsletter and social media
- Providing supplemental supplies for schools
- Back to School Welcome Events
- Community Events including Trunk or Treat, Christmas Cookie Walk and Lunch on the Lawn
- Elementary and Intermediate Yearbooks
- Meals for Teachers During Conferences
- School Supply Kit Fundraiser
- Step It Up Fundraiser with Day of Awesomeness
- Story County Conservation In-School Programming and Field Trips
- Teacher Appreciation Event in May
- Tiger T-shirts for New Students and Staff
- What are monthly meetings like?
Each meeting lasts about an hour. Led by the president, reports are given on recent and future events, programs, and finances. We host group discussions on how to benefit the school and community. One of the principals usually attends and offers a helpful perspective.
- Do I have to come to every meeting?
Absolutely not! Come to one or all, sit quietly and listen, or come and share ideas. Come late or leave early—it’s casual. It’s never too late in the year to be a part of the group. No matter your time or talents–we have a spot for you!
- My schedule doesn’t allow me to attend meetings. Can I still help?
Definitely! We send out a monthly newsletter that will list one-time and recurring volunteer opportunities throughout the year.
- Why should I be a part of the Gilbert PTO?
It’s a valuable way to have an impact on the schools, get to know administration and teachers, and create community with other families in the district. Plus, it’s fun! PTO works hard to offer the “extras” that our students and staff enjoy.
2023-24 PTO Meetings
- September 11, 2023
- October 2, 2023
- November 6, 2023
- December 4, 2023
- January 8, 2024
- February 5, 2024
- March 4, 2024
- April 1, 2024
- May 6, 2024
PTO Meeting Agendas
PTO Meeting Minutes
Stay In Touch
- Sign up here to add your name to our email list to be the first to know about all things PTO!
- Follow us on Facebook: Gilbert Parent Teacher Organization https://www.facebook.com/Gilbert-Parent-Teacher-Organization-108627638391908/
- Find us on Instagram @gilbert_pto_ia