Gilbert School Nurse
School Nursing is a healthcare specialty requiring expertise in nursing, public health, and education.
Our school nurses are registered nurses educated to addressing a wide range of health topics that impact children at school. School nurses use assessment skills and observations to help guide students, families and staff. They provide medication management while abiding by physician’s orders and make referrals for follow up care. Screenings and audits are completed for compliance according to state requirements.
The school nurse is a vital part of a child’s academic success by protecting and promoting student health and well-being.
- Medication Permission Form – Required for students using medication at school.
- Allergy Anaphylaxis – Allergy action plan for students with allergies.
- Asthma Action Plan – School action plan for students with asthma.
- Certificate Dental Screening – Required for kindergarten and 9th grade students.
- Certificate of Vision Screening – Required for kindergarten and 3rd grade students.
- Diet Modification Form