Teacher Quality Application
Teacher Quality Professional Development & Allocation of Funds
At Gilbert, teachers will have the opportunity to design their own personalized professional learning plan. Teachers may choose to use this non-contract time to complete individual plans and work on their plans over the school year.
- Teachers have the opportunity to complete 1TQ plan for the 2022-23 school year.
- Full-time certified staff will be paid at their individual per diem rate on their June paycheck. All final paperwork will need to be submitted.
- For plan #1, part-time certified staff will be paid an individual per diem rate, looking at their salary from a 1.0 FTE. If an option is available for plan #2 part-time certified staff will be paid an individual per diem rate, taking into account their part-time status.
- New learning will be shared with staff in the format and time of each teacher’s choosing.
- District share-out will be May 30, 2023.
- Outside hours should be representative of at least 7 hours.
- Application forms will be accepted through March 31, 2023. Approval/denial will be given within two weeks.
- End of plan report will be due no later than the last teacher workday of the 2022-23 school year.
Personalized Professional Learning Plan
This can support your Individual Career Development Plan or it may be a separate learning target. Ideas could include:
- Book Study – incorporated into your timeline
- New learning from a class/workshop
- Unit creation/refinement with connections to the Iowa Core State Standards (CCSS, scope and sequence)
- Essential Questions/Essential Learnings/Big Ideas (unit vision)
- Assessments-summative, diagnostic, and formative
- Integrating technology and resources into the curriculum
- Original ideas discussed with the Director of Teaching and Learning
Teacher input will be gathered at the end of the 2022-23 school year to gauge the success of this implementation.