- 4 total, 1 per building
- Full-time positions
- 10 additional contract days
- $9,000 stipend*
- Serve as a mentor to new teachers, using the Journey to Excellence program.
- Provide support and knowledge that encourages the professional growth of teachers for enhancement of student learning.
- Support teachers in the development and implementation of Individualized Career Development Plans.
- Assist both new and career teachers to plan learning (including content, instructional strategies, and assessments) which align with district outcomes, the Iowa Core, and meets teachers where they are.
- Provide demonstration lessons to improve instruction that apply best practices, educational innovations, and Iowa Core to new learnings.
- Member of the District Leadership team.
- Embed professional development in the classroom when collaborating with teachers.
- Serve as a resource to ensure the effectiveness of lessons and strategies.
- Support all teachers in the collection and analysis of formative, summative, and district data.
- Partner with the TLS Coordinator to analyze and communicate district assessment results as well as school and district successes/concerns to students, staff, and community.
- Support the accomplishment of the building’s long-term and short-term goals.
- Participate in leadership and content-specific professional development training as needed.
- Participate in the development of a school-wide culture that promotes professional growth and student learning.
- Promote student and teacher behavior expectations that are conducive to learning, maximize learning time, and increase the probability of advancing student achievement.
- Co-plan and/or co-facilitate professional development at the building and/or district level.
- Establish positive relationships with students, parents, other staff members, and the community.
- Participate in activities surrounding the adoption of curriculum and materials.
*Stipend is an addition to the teacher’s base salary as according to the District Salary Schedule